Peer Review Policy and Process
Research Journal of Urdu Language & Literature “Tahqiq” strictly follows a full double-blind peer review process, comprising the following steps:
- All papers submitted to the “Tahqiq” are first examined by an Editor for the initial review. The editor may assign an Associate Editors to review the quality and scope of the submitted manuscript. If the article fails to meet the journal criteria, the paper is rejected immediately and authors are notified.
- Once the paper is submitted, the editor or Associate editor ensures that the paper follows the double-blind review policy. If the author names are found, then the author name(s) and affiliation(s) are removed from the paper and the updated version is uploaded on the system either by the editor or corresponding author.
- If the paper satisfies the criteria, then the editor or associate editor will send the article to at least (02) National reviewers for review. with a double-blind, peer review policy.
- The reviewers' recommendations will determine whether to “Accept Submission”, “Revision Required”, “Resubmit for Review” or “Decline Submission”. The final decision is made by the Editor based on the reviewers’ report.
- Once the decision has been made, the review response - including the review form and suggestion, is sent to all authors of the article with the editorial decision. The same email is then forwarded (BCC) to all reviewers (with Blind policy) and Associate Editors corresponding to the article for ensuring transparency and high standards.
- For the papers which require only revisions, the Associate editor will re-review the paper for ensuring that the reviewer’s suggestions have been incorporated or not.
- Papers that require resubmission for review, will undergo the second round of review by the same or different reviewers to ensure that the quality of the revised paper is acceptable.
- After final Acceptance, the Author/Corresponding author will be notified and the paper will be forwarded to Associate editors for copy-editing, layout editing, and proofreading.