AUTHORS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The Grassroots research journal strictly follows the policy of Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. The journal has following guidelines for authors / contributors. The paper may include a certificate of acknowledgment which must confirm that the work presented in his article is solely his own.
- Articles belonging to other than the field of Social Sciences will not be considered for publication.
- The articles should be related to the disciplines of: Pakistan studies, History, Political science, Public administration, Sociology, Social work, Economics, International relations, Psychology, Media and Gender studies.
- Each issue of Grassroots will be comprised of only 15 articles.
- The articles must be checked through ‘Turnitin’ software. According to HEC policy, the similarity index of each research article must not exceed the limit of <=19%.
- Article will not be considered for publication, if it has less than 4000 words and not more than 6000 words.
- In case more than one author of the same article, the principal author need to give following information regarding the contribution of each author:
Principal author: Proposed topic, basic study design, methodology, manuscript writing
2nd author: Data collection, statistical analysis / historical analysis and interpretation of results etc.
3rd author: Literature review and referencing etc.
Manuscripts should be submitted to:
- The Editor, Biannual Research Journal Grassroots Pakistan Study Centre, University of Sindh through online: https://sujo.usindh.edu.pk/index.php/Grassroots/issue/archive
- Contributors are advised to submit well-researched, original and un-published papers.
- Only those papers will be accepted which will be submitted through OJS system.
- The manuscript must accompany an abstract of 100-150 words.
- The manuscript should be written on one side of the page not more than 5 keywords according to HEC criteria.
- The manuscript must include: (i) Workable topic, (ii) Abstract, (iii) Keywords, (iv) Introduction, (v) Literature review, (vi) Methodology, (vii) Analysis of data (if required), (viii) Findings (if required), (ix) Conclusion/Recommendations, and (x) References.
- The article should contain original thoughts written in lucid English, and in coherent style. The articles will only be accepted if they are (i) written in correct English language, (ii) written according to the standards of academic writing.
- The author(s) need to submit the hard and soft copies of manuscript.
- The manuscript should not include more than three authors.
- The decision of Editor / Publication Committee of the Centre regarding publication will be final.
- The complete title (in bold CAPITALS) of the research paper with name of the author(s) should be typed in the beginning on a separate sheet.
- The title page should have author’s name, institutional affiliation, email address and contact details.
- Subsequent pages of the title page should only carry a short title at the top, not the name of the author(s).
- Abstract (i) Font: Times New Roman in 12 points, (ii) Text inside tables should be 10 points, and (iii) Margin: 1 inch
- Manuscript: Length of the paper should be preferably between 10-12 pages.
- Page size: Royal size (4 ½ width, 7 ½ height)
- Line spacing: Single
- Footnotes: Do not use any footnotes, footers or endnotes.
Full reference(s) should be given in accordance with the American Psychological Association (APA) style as separate section at the end of paper.
Track your Paper
If your article is submitted to a journal and is going through the process of publication, You can send us request via email about the status of your paper.
Readers can ready journal articles by visiting the website of journal which is as under: https://sujo.usindh.edu.pk/index.php/Grassroots We highly welcome an appreciate our valuable readers for their suggestions and positive feedback for further improvement.