INTRODUCTION OF ORGANIZATION
Pakistan Study Centre (PSC) is one of the leading research focused institutions of higher education. The centre is a part of internationally recognized University of Sindh, which is ISO certified university (ISO 9001:2015).
We teach and research across a wide range of subjects in the field of Pakistan Studies. We are based in creative and culturally diverse area of Jamshoro located near the river Indus. The centre offers excellent learning environment as well as accommodation to students.
Pakistan Study Centre is committed to maintain highest standards in teaching, research, and learning experiences of students. The Centre is firmly positioned within the higher education institutions of Pakistan which have shown strong commitment to knowledge dissemination through quality education, and provision of high quality courses to cohorts of students wishing to expand their skills at all levels.
The Pakistan Study Centre also strives to improve its stature as an institution of broadly-based research. The Centre’s aim is to further improve the quality of research through innovative ways of creating new knowledge for the benefit of society on local, regional, national and international level. It is putting forth the best of its efforts and potential to foster a culture of academic freedom and independent scholarship.
The faculty, students and staff of Pakistan Study Centre (PSC) profess a set of values that are fundamental to our institutions identity and image. Following values of the Centre provide basis for its practices:
- Excellence: Quest for excellence in teaching and research is the hallmark of all our efforts and initiatives.
- Original Research: In our research journal we encourage scholars to contribute the genuine scholarly works for publication.
- Diversity: Pakistan Study Centre encourages the diversity of opinions. We believe that diversity and inclusiveness promotes learning and development.
- Creativity: Pakistan Study Centre provides environment conducive for creativity and innovation. We value exchange of creative ideas and innovative ways of doing things.
- Equality: Pakistan Study Centre believes in equality of all. There is no discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, colour, religion or gender.
- Knowledge Advancement: Pakistan Study Centre organizes conferences, seminars, workshops, lecture programs and conduct research to create new knowledge for the benefit of society.
Pakistan Study Centre is established under the Act of Parliament in 1976. According to Section 6(1) of the Act, the management, overall control and supervision of the affairs of the Pakistan Study Centre established in a University shall vest in a Board of Governors and the Vice Chancellor of the University, who shall also be its Chairman.
OBJECTIVES OF PAKISTAN STUDY CENTRE (PSC)
According to Section-4 of the Act of Pakistan Study Centre (Act No.XXVII of 1976), the objectives and functions of the Pakistan Study Centre are to:
- engage in the study of languages, literature, social structure, customs, attitudes and motivation, of the people of various regions of Pakistan;
- establish under-graduate, graduate, post-graduate degrees and other programmes in the relevant discipline in accordance with the standard and requirements of the University in which the Centre is established;
- promote cooperation in inter-disciplinary relationship with other centres, teaching and research establishments;
- arrange conferences, seminars and refresher courses for the development of teaching and research; and
- promote teaching and research in particular subjects as assigned to it by the Federal Government in consultation with the University in which the Centre is established.
ABOUT RESEARCH JOURNAL GRASSROOTS
The research journal Grassroots places special emphasis on original contributions of researchers to the discipline of Social Sciences. The journal strives to promote historical and cultural knowledge and policy related research about Pakistan in national, regional and global perspectives. It upholds the principles of academic freedom to create new knowledge and world class research. We also aim to leverage the network of social scientists and scholars in the wider field of Social Sciences. The journal is putting forth the best of its efforts and potential to explore the political and socio-economic aspects of various issues faced by world community in general and Pakistan in particular.
The mission of the Grassroots research journal is to improve quality of research through innovative way of creating new knowledge.
SCOPE OF THE JOURNAL
The Grassroots search journal places special emphasis on original contributions of researchers to the disciplines of Social Sciences. The scope of the journal Grassroots is to promote the research which places special emphasis on original contributions of researchers to the disciplines of Social Sciences. The Grassroots also aims to leverage the network of social scientists and scholars in the wider field of social sciences. This perspective helps us to engage the researchers belonging to diverse disciplines in an academic debate and to promote scientific research. We are publishing original work that other researchers will be able to draw upon for years to come.